ABET-Accredited IH Programs
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization that accredits college and university programs in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. ABET accredits over 3,100 programs at more than 660 colleges and universities in 23 countries. ABET provides specialized, programmatic accreditation that evaluates an individual program of study, rather than evaluating an institution as a whole.
ABET accreditation, which is voluntary and achieved through a peer review process, provides assurance that a college or university program meets the quality standards established by the profession for which the program prepares its students.
ABET is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Air Force Institute of Technology
Logistics Air Mobility (ASAM) (M.S.)
The LOGAIR program is the formal graduate study portion of the Advanced Study in Air Mobility (ASAM) program sponsored by the US Air Expeditionary Center (AFEC) at Fort Dix, New Jersey. The goal of the ASAM program is to cultivate a core of mobility officers with an in-depth education in logistics and air mobility operations to lead the Air Mobility Command (AMC) in the future. The ASAM program consists of the degree portion, plus additional AFEC professional courses combined with trips to the joint and major commands around the globe. As such, this enhances the AFIT degree portion of the program, providing the military with a professional, degree-granting program, similar to executive management degree programs in civilian institutions. The curriculum consists of 13 required courses in the areas of transportation, logistics, quantitative decision making, research methods and organizational management. Courses are taught individually in a compressed schedule, typically two weeks in length. The program also requires a graduate research paper that examines a topic pertaining to mobility operations. Satisfactory completion of the curriculum and the graduate research paper leads to the award of a Master of Science in Logistics.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Our Program Educational Objectives (expectations two or more years beyond graduation) are to produce graduates who:
- Breadth. Apply foundational logistics concepts and sound analytical principles to efficiently and effectively advance Air Force and DoD air mobility capabilities
- Depth. Are well educated, highly-valued, and successful logisticians and air mobility officers
- Professionalism. Professionally communicate technical solutions and results
- Lifelong Learning. Continue to pursue lifelong multidisciplinary learning
Program Outcomes (POs)
Our Program Outcomes (student knowledge/skills/abilities upon graduation) produce graduates who:
- Critical thinking skills. Can critically analyze situations, information, and data
- Problem solving skills. Can formulate problem statements, ascertain and collect the relevant data, and utilize the correct methodology in order to both delineate and solve problems in the real world
- Communication skills. Can effectively communicate to peers, subordinates, and supervisors in a professional manner both orally and in writing
- Logistics specific knowledge. Have developed a thorough understanding of the logistics, mobility, and supply chain discipline as required to make strategic level managerial decisions in the logistics area
University of Arizona
MPH in Environmental Occupational Health - Industrial Hygiene Track
The industrial hygiene track focuses on worker protection. Students interested in admission are required to have completed one year of calculus and general or inorganic chemistry, and at least one semester of organic chemistry and physics, in addition to the MPH biology requirement. Contact us if you have any questions about these requirements. Students can make up deficient coursework during their first year in the program.
University of Central Missouri
Industrial Hygiene MS
Earn a degree in this high-demand field with excellent employment and salary opportunities. The safety profession focuses on keeping people safe while also preventing harm to property and the environment. You will gain hands-on experience with current laboratory and field technology, paid internships, participation in premier conferences, and applied projects. The highly specialized industrial hygiene degree provides an excellent advanced career path.
University of Iowa
Industrial Hygiene Program
The University of Iowa’s Industrial Hygiene program trains students to recognize, evaluate, and control occupational and environmental hazards to prevent diseases and injuries. A great strength of our program is the depth of instruction on assessing exposures to and control of health hazards in the workplace with extensive coursework and hands-on activities. Students are also introduced more broadly to the field of occupational and environmental health with coursework in safety, ergonomics, environmental health, toxicology, epidemiology and statistics.
M.S. and Ph.D. tracks provide applied research training, which allows students to focus on specialized areas of interest. Many of our graduates become leaders in the field of occupational and environmental health, making major contributions toward reducing disease and injury. M.S. tracks are accredited by ABET.
ABET-Accredited Masters Level Industrial Hygiene Programs
- Air Force Institute of Technology
- Colorado State University
- CUNY SPH Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
- Johns Hopkins University
- Montana Technological University
- Purdue University
- Tulane University
- Uniformed Services University for the Health Sciences
- University of Arizona
- University of Central Missouri
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Iowa
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas at Houston
- University of Toledo
- University of Utah
- West Virginia University
ABET-Accredited Bachelors Level Industrial Hygiene Programs